What We Collect
Included below are the types of information we collect:
- Contact information, such as your name, and email address.
- Account login or verification information (including third-party account-verification information if you sign in with Google or Facebook).
- Internet or other network or device activity, such as information about the browsers and devices you use to access our Services, emails, and advertisements (e.g. device type, browser type and language, hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and IP address) and how you interact with our Services, emails, and advertisements (e.g. features used, content viewed, addresses of referring websites, and the dates and times of interactions).
- Electronic, audio, visual, or similar information, such as your communications with us or photos, videos, or other content you submit to us or publish in connection with our Services.
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
Because KarteDrop can used to share life milestones and/or personal accomplishments, users may also provide demographic information that is collected as a result of using the service. This may include:
- Information such as gender, age or date of birth, marital status, military or veteran status, household composition, professional, education, or employment-related information, location, and information about interests.
KarteDrop does not analyze or use this information in any way other that to share it as directed by the user.
How We Collect It
We collect the types of information described above in three ways: (1) when you provide it to us; (2) when we collect it automatically; and (3) and when we receive it from other sources.
Information you provide to us
You provide information to us when you register for an account, use our Services, communicate with us, or otherwise submit or publish your information. For example, when you register for an account, you may provide contact information, account login or verification information and financial information. When using our Services, you may provide demographic information or other information about yourself or others, including photos or other user-generated content. You might also provide information when communicating with us (for example, regarding our Services or when seeking technical support) or linking to us or our Services on social media or other websites.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect internet or other network or device activity information about your interactions with our Services, emails, and advertisements, even if you are not logged into an account with us. This information may be collected as follows:
- Cookies and similar technologies.
- Cookies and similar technologies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using.
- Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on our Services, pages visited, and language preferences.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies through your web browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our Services may not work for you.
- For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
- Analytics and advertising.
- We Do Not use third-party analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect data. All analytics are collected directly by KarteDrop.
- Do Not Track requests.
- Some browsers may transmit "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals to the websites you visit. Because there is not common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals, we do not take action in response to them.
- Location information.
- We may collect information about the location of your device, including precise geolocation information from your device and imprecise location from, for example, your IP address.
- You may be able to adjust the location settings of your device to control whether it communicates location information. See your device settings for more information.
- Purchase information and history.
- We may collect information about your transactions with us.
Information we receive from other sources
We may collect information from other sources, including from other users who might post information about you on our Services, or from business partners and service providers with whom we work. For example, another user may upload your name, e-mail address, photos, or other information in connection with Karte created by that user.
How We Use It
We will not sell your information to data brokers or other third parties for money. We may use and process the types of information described above to:
- Provide our Services to you and other users. For example, a user may create a Karte and upload other individuals' contact information so that they may send it to those individuals. We may use that information to allow those individuals to view the Karte. Depending on user choices, we may also send reminders to those individuals about the Karte. Users may also post photos of themselves or other individuals, and we may include those photos or similar user-generated content within the users' respective Kartes.
- Maintain, protect, and improve our Services or other products. This may include, for example, customizing our Services to your preferences or interests, making them more compatible with your technology, or otherwise making them easier to use; analyzing how they are used; and evaluating, maintaining, and improving their performance, effectiveness, security, and safety.
- Process payments and transactions through a 3rd payment processor.
- Communicate and manage our relationship with you. This may include, for example, providing you information about our Services or other products or services or about your transactions with us; responding to your questions, inquiries, or requests; customizing and improving our communications with you and analyzing their effectiveness.
- Develop new applications or other products or services.
- Promote our Services or other products. This may include, for example, developing and providing promotional and advertising materials about KarteDrop that may be of interest to you; analyzing the effectiveness of those materials; and customizing and improving them.
- Address legal issues. This may include, for example, obtaining legal advice and establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; complying with laws, regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, court orders, other legal process or obligations, or lawful requests from public and government authorities; detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, security issues, violations of our agreements, violations of law, or other misuse of our Services or other products or services; and protecting the safety, rights, welfare, or property of KarteDrop, you, or others.
We may also use your information for other internal KarteDrop business operations, as permitted by applicable law, and other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent.
We may anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such aggregated information will not identify you individually or your organization.
How We Share It
We will not sell your information to data brokers or other third parties for money. We may, however, share your information as follows:
- In connection with our Services.
- The information that you or other users submit to us while using our Services may be seen by other visitors to our Services, potentially including the public. For example, users may choose to share content from a Karte on social media.
- Service providers, vendors, and other business partners.
- We may share your information with third parties with whom we work to provide, improve, or develop our Services or other products; to perform other Website-related services; or to assist us in analyzing how our Services or other products are used.
- For example, we may work with vendors providing website hosting; data analysis; other technology services; payment processing; fraud monitoring; services related to product development and maintenance; and communications, marketing, and online and offline advertising services.
- More specifically, our service providers may include:
- Digital Ocean – to host our application
- Hatchbox.io - to deploy and manage our application
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - to store media files used in Kartes
- Postmark - to provide email services related to the delivery of Kartes
- Legal reasons.
- We may share your information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: obtain legal advice or establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; comply with laws, regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, court orders, or other legal process or obligations, or lawful requests from public and government authorities; detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, security issues, violations of our agreements or law, or other misuse of our Applications or other products or services; protect the safety, rights, welfare, or property of KarteDrop, you, or others, as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Business transfers.
- In the future, we may share your information with third parties in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Otherwise with your consent.
- We may share your information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
- Anonymized or aggregated information.
- We may share anonymized or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually or your organization.
How You Can Manage Your Information
If you have an account with us, our Services allow you to:
- Change the name associated with your account
- Change the email associated with your account
- Change the password associated with your account
- Delete your account
To delete your account data, click on "Account" and then "Delete Account," located within the "User Profile" tab. You will be asked to confirm the deletion. If you decide to delete your account, please make sure you first save any information you would like to keep. Please also be aware that, even if you delete your account, we might still maintain and process certain data created by you, including Kartes you created that were successfully delivered to your recipients.
You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the deletion of your account data.
Where We Process Information
We may process your information in the United States and other locations around the world. The countries in which we process information may not provide the same level of protection for your information as your country. By using our Services or otherwise providing us your information, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred to and processed in the United States and other countries.
EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a natural person residing within the European Union, you have the following rights:
- The right to access. You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you make a request, we will respond within the time required by law. In connection with such a request, we may require that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding. In addition, please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances. For example, we may need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
California Consumer Rights
In this Statement, we have described the types of information we collect, the sources from which we collect the information, and the ways in which we use the information. For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), the types of information we collect fall into the following categories:
- Identifiers (e.g. name, email address, credit/debit card number).
- Characteristics of protected classifications (e.g. gender, age).
- Commercial information (e.g. products or services purchased, purchase history).
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g. browser or search history).
- Professional or employment related information (e.g., occupation, job title, or professional association membership.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above (e.g. preferences or characteristics).
As described in this Statement, we collect this information from our consumers (through our Services or our customer or technical support services) and from our vendors and other service providers (including data analytics providers, advertising networks, and third-party account verification services), and we use this information for the business or commercial services described above.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties, and we have not done so in the twelve months prior to the date of this Statement. We also do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
In addition, KarteDrop does not have actual knowledge that it sells or discloses the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. To the extent that we become aware that such sale or disclosure might be occurring, we will take steps to prevent such events, and/or we will modify this Statement to describe those events and the related rights and choices of our consumers.
If you are a California "consumer," as defined by the CCPA, you may request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide information (up to twice in a 12-month period) about: the categories of personal information we collect, disclose, or sell about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information during the past 12 months.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
You may exercise these rights by submitting a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In reviewing and responding to such requests, we will undertake reasonable efforts to verify your identity by, for example, matching any information you provide in the request with information we maintain.
Please also note that most of these rights are not absolute, and our response may be limited as permitted by the CCPA. For example, the right to have personal information deleted is subject to a number of exceptions set out in the CCPA, such as when we need to maintain the information to provide products or services you requested or to comply with our legal obligations.
Under the CCPA, California consumers also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their other rights. KarteDrop will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights. For example, KarteDrop will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services if you make an access, deletion, or do not sell request.
We maintain technical and organizational security measures designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is 100% secure or error free, and we cannot guarantee the security of the information we collect.
We retain your information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services may contain links to other sites, mobile applications, or third-party services, or plug-ins from social-media platforms or other third parties. Please note that these third-party sites and plug-ins are not operated by us. Therefore, we strongly advise you to review the third parties' privacy policies. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Thus, we advise you to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Statement on this page. Any changes to this Statement are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Privacy Statement, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com